A tool, written in C#, for importing a Visual SourceSafe database into Subversion (SVN) while maintaining the complete file history.
A good writeup on what VssMigrate is and does and how to get up and running was written by Nathan / devSolo @
- Changeset 16890 Resolves the individual VSS-checkins to atomic SVN commits via the approximate timestamp. We hope to promote this to a release version soon, but feel free to
try, as people have been having good luck with it.
- Written in C# using .NET 3.5
- Utilizes SharpSvn and
- Preserves the username and revision datetime via direct editing of the revprops folder in the SVN repository. This requires direct file system access to the SVN repository and is not a recommended practice, but it works quite well and does not require editing
the system clock or matching any usernames/passwords
- Removes all VSS bindings and related files during the import
- use VSS2005 for best results
- support for tags
The original project was started by
and ported to C# by